Current safety measures
We are looking forward to your visit! Your health is important to us. Please therefore observe the following measures and help to protect yourself and others!
Vienna Christmas Market
→ Applies to the entire area on Rathausplatz between town hall and Burgtheater
- The “2-G Rule” requirement applies to the entire area of the market - this means that all visitors must be vaccinated or have recovered. The “3-G rule” applies to children from 6 to 11 years of age - that means, children must be vaccinated, recovered or tested (PCR: 72 hours, antigen: 48 hours). The "2.5 G rule" applies to children from 12 to 15 years of age, PCR tests apply for 48 hours.Valid proof of the "2 G rule" an ID must be presented for each receipt.
- Please have your proof ready before you enter the exam.
- Access to the Christkindlmarkt is only possible via the marked entrances: The entrances are located directly on the Ringstrasse, on both sides of the town hall and the town hall park.
- Up to and including 19.12.2021, all products can only be offered for take-away.
Christmas world →
- applies to the entire area of the Rathauspark (both halves of the park), including the crib path, Viennese ringlet game, Ferris wheel, Bussiplatz, mistletoe pavilion, etc. The Rathauspark can be visited without access controls.
- The only exceptions are the two attractions: Giant Ferris Wheel and Wiener Ringelspiel. The “2-G rule” applies to the use of the Ferris wheel and the Vienna Ringelspiel - this means that all passengers must be vaccinated or have recovered. The “3-G rule” applies to children from 6 to 11 years of age - that is, children must be vaccinated, recovered or tested (PCR: 72 hours, antigen: 48 hours). The "2.5 G rule" applies to adolescents from 12 to 15 years of age, PCR tests apply for 48 hours. It is not necessary to register (contact data entry) in advance. Valid proof of the “G-Rule” and ID must be presented before each use of the Ferris wheel and the Vienna Ringelspiel.
- Please have your proof ready for the examination. Registration (recording of contact data) is not necessary.
→ We ask you to follow these recommendations during your entire visit, both at the Vienna Christmas market and in the Christmas world.
Whenever possible, keep a distance of at least two meters from other non-household visitors and employees.
Observe respiratory hygiene. Sneeze and cough into the crook of your elbow or use disposable tissues that you throw away afterwards.Please disinfect your hands afterwards.
Stay home if you experience flu-like symptoms or feel sick.
Valid proof of the “G-Rule” must be presented before each use of the Ferris wheel and the Vienna Ringelspiel. Please have your proof ready for the examination.
Follow the instructions given by the security staff. Due to the access controls, there is a mask requirement on the Christmas market (FFP2 Masks a required). Masks will be available.
Additional information: You can get an overview of all the regulations that apply in Vienna at coronavirus.wien.gv.at.
In particular, you will find a list of all valid evidence there, including details of the respective period of validity. This page was last updated on December 11, 2021.